Wednesday, November 7, 2012

halloween.

 For Halloween Nick and I decided that Owen would be Admiral Dewey, for whom Nick's ship was named, and who said "Fire when ready Gridley."  I'm pretty sure he also destroyed an armada of Spanish ships single handedly with his mustache, or something like that.


Owen was not into this costume.  Mostly because I finished it two minutes before Halloween, he hadn't had any naps, and he did not appreciate the furry old man mustache attached to his pacifier.  Or his hat.



Put that mustache on Pop  pop.  I dare you.  


I'm not super proud of this outfit.  Though I made it without a pattern, I totally went ghetto on the Admiral stripes.  So instead of trick or treating we gave him a bath and a treat size candy bar, then put him to bed.

2 comments:

Filia Dei said...

I'm impressed with the costume. Making them from scratch is hard!

Anonymous said...

He still got to hand out candy even if he didn't have on his Admiral Dewey outfit. I think he didn't like getting the fake fur in his mouth or else he would have worn that paci-mustache!
Grammummsie