Thursday, July 28, 2011

dresser.

My parents graciously gave me the dresser that I grew up with.  I believe it was originally Marshall's baby dresser, but I had it for most of my life.

I had been watching a lot of Cash and Cari- the show on HGTV where the woman repurposes furniture.  I made Nick get a sander and paint.  He sanded it down, drilled new holes for the new drawer pulls, filled in the old holes, and painted it for me.  The glaze was up to me.  Clear glaze with some  brown paint mixed in made my "antique" glaze.

Here it is before.



And after.




I'm hoping it looks cool- and not just like I ruined it.

4 comments:

Katie Durski said...

cute!

Unknown said...

I think it looks really great! Good job!

Gramummsie said...

I like it. Owen is going to think it's the coolest dresser ever!

Filia Dei said...

It looks really beautiful. Nick did a great job.