Friday, July 29, 2011

growth.

Your uterus measurement is supposed to correspond with your weekly number.  For example- I am measuring 36 centimeters at 36 weeks from bottom of the belly to the top.  I'm not sure that that is my actual measurement now that the baby has dropped.  Here is how I know baby has dropped.  I can breathe.  I can eat meals.  I can stick my hand between my stomach and my bust.
32 weeks i think.  baby not dropped.

35 weeks- and dropped.

Not only does your stomach grow, but so does your bust.  I know I've talked about this before.  I think it's because it's been so so much shocking growth in my bust.  Oh heck, let's just say it.  Boobies!  I went to the maternity store to find a nursing bra.  The retail associate I spoke to recommended that I buy one size larger than I am in order to accommodate the apparently miraculous engorgement that follows birth.  So she hands me this size and says "Try this on."

And I blush and say "No way this fits.  Ever."

And you know what?  It fit just the way it was supposed to.  With a little room at the top for expansion.

So I took a little picture for you.  It's my trip through the alphabet.  Three cup sizes and four inches.  Not as impressive as my uterus- but still a feat.
I'm sorry if this post was offensive in any way.  Somehow in pregnancy you lose any sense that anyone could be phased by something as simple as a picture of a bra.  "If you only knew what was really going on with my body" and all that.

1 comment:

Angel said...

This post made me laugh so hard. :) It's sad though that the bras get so much less cute the bigger they get!